The Justice and Peace Ministry seeks to understand and examine issues that extend across a range of relevant social concerns. By utilizing an effective format that includes a ‘deep dive’ book study, documentary presentation, and expert panel discussion, we recently have addressed the following issues:
· Mental Health – especially focusing on the mental health crisis among our youth
· Immigration and Refugees – closely exploring the immigration/refugee crisis at our southern border, with particular emphasis on those coming from the Northern Triangle
· Ukrainian Relief - working in partnership with the Holy Trinity Social Ministry group to raise over $13,000 for the Ukrainian relief effort
· Food Insecurity – partnering with the Manasquan Food Pantry and local churches to ensure those in need receive the sustenance they need
· Gender Equality – understanding the challenges facing parents of transgender children
· Racial Injustice – examining our country’s history of segregation and its impact on our cur
rent state of racial inequality
For more information on advocacy opportunities, please explore the following resources:
ELCA Advocacy Action Center: from here you can select specific current issues and send pre-written emails to all of your legislators.
ELCA Advocacy Network Sign-Up: sign up for emails & timely advocacy alerts.
LEAMNJ: Lutherans Engaging in Advocacy Ministry.
For more information on our Justice and Peace advocacy work or to join our team, please contact Letitia Jensen (email@example.com) or Leslie Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)